Since I have higher aspirations than the Kansas City Royals, I won’t be happy if I’m .500 or worse on the season. While I hate trying to predict the outcomes of games played by teens and early 20-somethings, my goal is to be .700 or better this year in the Big 12.
Away we go.
- West Virginia vs. Marshall: WVU. Marshall wants to hang with its big brother. Geno Smith and WVU will beat up little brother. Just how family rolls.
- Iowa State vs. Tulsa: Are the Cyclones quarterbacks any better this year? Specifically, which Steele Jantz are we going to see? If it the pre injured ankle, gritty, decently dramatic playmaker that we saw open last year, then ISU, with its defense, at home, should be able to beat the Golden Hurricane.
- Kansas State vs. Missouri State: Kansas State. Terry Allen could have USC or Alabama or a mix of the two, and Bill Snyder would still de-pants him.
-Texas Tech vs. Northwestern St.: Texas Tech. Other cupcake schedules are laughing at Tommy Tuberville.
- Oklahoma State vs. Savannah State: Oklahoma State. Based on some reactions I’ve received, I’m in the minority thinking OSU continues to roll this year. We still won’t know after this weekend, but OSU will be 1-0.
- Kansas vs. South Dakota State: KU. And Weis hysteria reaches even higher proportions.
- Texas vs. Wyoming: Texas. It might be another season of QB-carousel, but none of that will affect the Longhorns this weekend.
- UTEP vs. Oklahoma: Oklahoma. Sorry, Mike Price. You might be wishing you were in a Florida strip club before this one’s over.
- Baylor vs. SMU: Baylor. A Ford Pinto has more juice than the Mustangs.