Man, does it feel like K-State let one get away last Saturday. The reasons for the team standing 2-2 instead of 3-1 are obvious.
– The old offensive coordinator in Bill Snyder has to be dying with the product his Wildcats are putting on the field.
– Penalties are up, indecision is common, and time of possession is the worst it has been since Ron Prince’s final season. And none of that speaks to Jesse Ertz’s 48.2% completion percentage after going 10-of-30 against West Virginia.
– Some extra perspective salt in the wound: Miami (OH) is 0-5, and its offense ranks nine spots higher than K-State’s. The Kansas Jayhawks are eight spots better.
– It’s a shame, too, because the Wildcats’ superb defense (No. 4 in FBS) and top-level special teams units collectively belong on a team ranked in the Top 10.
– Is it a shame many seemed to have moved on and decided Kansas City Chiefs rookie Tyreek Hill is worthy of praise?
– Even on television, you can hear an excited buzz every time Hill touches the ball, and I don’t think the buzz is remnant mock outrage over his getting drafted following his domestic violence charge.
– Not surprised, but I also am not sure how these things are supposed to work in today’s age. So, someone help me understand.
– I’ve given up trying to understand what the Big 12 wants regarding expansion.
– I once believed Dan Beebe was the biggest factor in the Big 12’s inability to think progressively.
– Watching the Conference during this latest round of expansion discussions made it crystal clear to me, however, that no commissioner could fix the unpredictable dysfunction regularly injected into things by the school presidents.
– The Sooner someone reminds the group that this is a “sum greater than the parts” deal, the better.
– Trying to keep all the parts together in 2017 worries me when it comes to the Kansas City Royals.
– Maybe everybody comes back healthy and on fire.
– Or, maybe they all come back another year older and even less capable of repeating 2014 and 2015.
– Or, maybe they all come back, are capable, and have to watch Joakim Soria pitch.